These terms and conditions (the “agreement”) are a legal agreement between you and The Borrowed Collective. This agreement contains all the terms and conditions governing the rental of items from The Borrowed Collective via our website.
In consideration of the Rental Price to be paid by you, and the agreements set forth in these Terms and Conditions, The Borrowed Collective agrees to rent you the Item as selected by you subject to the following;
- You agree to pay the rental fee and all necessary postage and professional cleaning costs as detailed in your order. Once a rental is confirmed under these Terms and Conditions, through payment by you, you cannot transfer your rental of the Item to another date.
- If you need to cancel any order, cancellation must be received no later than 24 hours after an order is made on our website.
- Items hired online are at your own risk should they not fit or you change your mind. No refunds will be given in this instance.
- Should the item be excessively dirty, have alcohol, fake tan, make up stains, or similar soiling, there may be an extra cleaning charge. This will be determined at The Borrowed Collective’s discretion.
- Should you fail to return the item or the item is returned in a state where it is unusable you hereby authorize The Borrowed Collective to charge your credit card a charge of 150% of the retail value of the item hired from our website. The charge of 150% of the retail value represents the loss for the value of the item and the anticipated loss of revenue from further rental of the item.
- Your item MUST be returned to a post office and sent for next day delivery in the return package provided by 2.00pm the following business day after your rental period ends (including Saturdays). Please note, you MUST do this over-the-counter at your local post office and not in a street postal box – as the clearance times for street boxes differ. Failure to do so will incur a late fee of $40 for each additional day you retain the Item.
- If the item is not returned within 2 business days following your event, you will be charged the full Rental Fee for another 2 day hire and subsequently 2 day periods following until the item is received by The Borrowed Collective.
- We ship via New Zealand post next day guarantee delivery. Where circumstances beyond our control with postage occur, we will endeavor to track the item, however, if it does not arrive in time for your event, a full refund will be given, not withstanding clauses 3-7; 9-14.
- You agree and acknowledge that you are renting an Item for a limited time and that ownership of the Item at all times remains with The Borrowed Collective.
- You agree to treat the item with great care, as if it was your own. You are responsible for all loss, destruction or damage to the Item from the hire date until it is returned (see clauses 4 & 5 for details of penalties).
- If you return the Item in a damaged condition and The Borrowed Collective determines that the item can be repaired you will be liable to pay the cost of repairing the damage. The determination of whether the item can be repaired or whether clause 5 applies is at The Borrowed Collective’s reasonable discretion.
- The Borrowed Collective reserves the right to take all steps necessary to collect amounts due from you, including but not limited to legal action and/or using third party collection agencies. The Borrowed Collective reserves the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
- We recommend booking items well in advance of your rental date. If you book within 48 hours of the date of your event, please note this is at your own risk. Refunds on failed deliveries will only be available if the booking was created earlier than 48 hours prior to the booking date.
- Any refunds processed will be minus the transaction fee for payments made via Paypal, Laybuy or Afterpay.
- If you lose the return packaging provided to you (the pre-paid NZ Post bag), you are solely responsible for the return of the items at your own cost by the expected return date and upon arranging alternative return of the goods you shall provide The Borrowed Collective with a tracking number.
- For Auckland-only rentals, if you selected ‘pick up’ as your shipping option, you must also drop off the item to the same pick-up location. The pick-up option does not include a return postal bag for this reason.
- Upon submitting an order with The Borrowed Collective we agree to deliver the item ordered including the specified size, colour and design, on the date that you have requested delivery, at the address noted in the order. Should you receive an item which does not meet your specified size, colour and design you agree to contact The Borrowed Collective within 24 hours of the date on which you received the products via email or telephone and return the product in the return packaging provided in the order. We will then issue you a credit for the full rental fee and make all reasonable efforts to find a suitable replacement for the goods. The Borrowed Collective take no liability should the goods not fit the customer due to an error in ordering the wrong size.
- If your event is cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we will offer a full store credit to the value of your rental that will be valid for up to 12 months. Please note this only applies if we are notified via email (email@example.com) of the cancellation at least 5 days prior to your booking start date.
All garments delivered have been professionally cleaned and are provided to the customer in a ready to wear state. We inspect each item before delivery with the utmost care, and should you receive goods that are in a damaged state, please contact The Borrowed Collective within 24 hours of receipt of the goods.